Post Update to X.2: Help menu in Jaguar slow..?

Mark D. Chapman mchapman at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 5 17:59:51 PST 2002

>I have noticed that the help menu in Jaguar is slooooow compared to
>10.1., even after updating to 10.2.2...Is there a work-around this?

This can be caused by broken Alias' in the library. Check them out
and delete any alias' that don't resolve (that is, they don't appear
to point to anything). You can recreate these alias' but sometimes
the original file is buried deep inside a package (e.g., iMovie).
--
  Mark Chapman - Centre for the Study of Religion - University of Toronto