[P1] Woe is me...

Lewis, Benjamin (Ben) blewis3 at lucent.com
Fri Dec 6 07:48:07 PST 2002

>Remove the floppy, remove the CD drive, disable the USB and Firewire
>and SCSI and Ethernet and modem ports, turn off filesharing and install
>a firewall.

I worked on a Network Operations project for a PTT who insisted on a fully redundant system which was hermetically sealed in a nuke-proof underground bunker.

It cost millions and was destroyed by a disgruntled employee who took the backup tapes out of the safe, put them on top of the server, poured petrol over the whole thing and set it alight.

No amount of firewall software could have stopped that. (if you'll pardon the pun).