Basic iBook? For WP +

B.J. Major bjbear71 at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 8 04:03:57 PST 2002

>My IceBook and B&W G3 are happily running OSX, but I've heard my old,
>little-used, non-USB 233 Wall Street couldn't run anything higher than OS9,
>so I've never tried to upgrade it. Is it true that this beloved old dinosaur
>will actually run OSX?

I don't have OS X running on my Wallstreets, but there are plenty of
people who DO have it running and running very successfully according to
posts I read on the GBooks list.  To see a full photo (not just a screen
capture) of a stock 233 megahertz Wallstreet running OS X, go here:

http://www.wegenermedia.com/wllstpics.htm

Whoever told you that the 233 Wallstreet could not run anything higher
than OS 9 is just plain wrong.  It meets the requirements since it has a
G3 processor.  But you will have to have enough memory and partition your
hard drive to install OS X on a Wallstreet.  You would definitely have to
add more memory to the 64 megs you currently have.

You can also get a USB PCMCIA card for it if you have USB devices.

--bj
Like jazz?  Like Brazilian music?  Join Membership Support at:
http://www.bjbear71.com/