good,simple ISP recommendations?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Dec 8 11:07:00 PST 2002

> From: "Tom R. no spam" <tr5374 at csc.albany.edu>
>
> What do people use for a dial-up ISP?  Not AOL-style confusion,
> just something simple for occasional travelling.  Mainly
> Northeast USA.

Some high-speed companies offer dial-up options as part of (or for a
very low extra fee) their high-speed plans. For example, I think
Earthlink can offer you up to five hours dialup time per month when you
are one of their high-speed customers (I think Bellsouth also offers
this -- indeed I suspect most DSL companies do).

Time-Warner keeps telling me they are *going* to offer this service,
but apparently do not yet do so (at least in my area).

I do seem to recall hearing about a dial-up ISP that was very
pay-as-you go, and Mac-friendly to boot ... if I can find out more
about that I'll post it here for you.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**