[P1] good,simple ISP recommendations?

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Mon Dec 9 14:57:58 PST 2002

on 12/9/02 7:07 AM, Charles Martin at chasm at mac.com wrote:

> Some high-speed companies offer dial-up options as part of (or for a
> very low extra fee) their high-speed plans. For example, I think
> Earthlink can offer you up to five hours dialup time per month when you
> are one of their high-speed customers (I think Bellsouth also offers
> this -- indeed I suspect most DSL companies do).
>
> Time-Warner keeps telling me they are *going* to offer this service,
> but apparently do not yet do so (at least in my area).

TW in NYC offered it .. 10 hours free included with your highspeed cable
connect BUT you need to download some software app .. And that one is
windows only (at least it was 6 month ago, we actually discussed that here)

> **Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**

I doubt this will ever hit the big screen here, but I keep my eyes open for
the DVD and have someone ship it over ... I keep hearing great things about
it