[P1] iBook Problems

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 9 20:42:57 PST 2002

On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 07:49  PM, Richard McKay wrote:

>> It only seems to happen in Jaguar (10.2.0,
>> 10.2.1, and 10.2.2), but I haven't been using 10.1 in awhile to know.
>> did a low-level/zero all data/clear out everything format with the OS
>> 9

Why did you use the OS 9 disk utility? I don't know if that would cause
your problems but it is something worth considering.

>> Disk Utility and it came up with no troubles during that, and I ran
>> various other disk utilities to check for bad blocks, but nothing.  Is
>> there anything associated with Jaguar or any apps that will cause this
>> kind of disk corruption, and/or is there anything I could get Apple to
>> do about it?

If you have the Jaguar disk, you also have the ability to startup on it
and then use the OS X disk utility, don't forget to click the add os 9
drivers option if you use 9.

The next time you crash, hopefully you won't, use the utilities on the
Jaguar install disk to format your internal drive.

---
Just saw 5 people sitting at a table and each talking to someone else
on their self-phones.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com