[P1] iBook/OS X/Phone Weirdness?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Wed Dec 11 00:40:00 PST 2002

Am 11/12/02 4:32 schrieb "Dave Wyman" unter <mt.man at bigfoot.com>:

> I upgraded to X about a week ago. Since X was installed, my cordless
> phone, which sits near my computer, has been acting up.

Dave,

Two things may be causing this...

OS X tries to update automatically when it boots to look for system updates
and for QT updates (not to mention IE if you have set it to check bookmarks)
You can deactivate these in System Preferences or IE prefs. Other programs
can be set up to check online automatically as well...Norton, etc...

Otherwise, may be that as you are connected by network to another computer
you use this connection to go online as well?

Check to see if an automatic dialer (0190 program) has nested its way into
the connection settings from something you have downloaded or installed and
tries to make a connection to the internet upon coming to life (ie when you
boot) same goes for virus or cracker trying to control your computer
remotely. Do you use Firewall and AV protection...

HTH,

Richard