[P1] iBook/OS X/Phone Weirdness?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 11 06:18:31 PST 2002

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 11:32  PM, Dave Wyman wrote:

> I upgraded to X about a week ago. Since X was installed, my cordless
> phone, which sits near my computer, has been acting up. If I'm on the
> phone, the dial tone will sound - seven quick tones, as if the phone
> is trying to dial up something automatically. Without a dial tone,
> nothing happens, and I can keep talking.

Wild guess based on comments read elsewhere: do you have an airport
card installed? I think wifi and cordless phones operate at the same or
close to the same frequency. Changing channels on your airport or
turning it off might eliminate the problem.

---
How about a switcher ad for adding software, installing a printer or
any other action which requires a password...that you don't remember...
  :)
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com