[P1] iBook 12inch white (firewire, kernel re)

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Wed Dec 11 10:46:02 PST 2002

Am 11/12/02 15:50 schrieb "Larry Blodgett" unter <lblodgett at macosx.com>:

> Has anyone installed a new kernel with MacOSX kind of like we would
> do it with Linux?  What would the list recommend? New install or new
> kernel?
>
> Thanks for your help and your patience!!!!!!!!!

Larry,

Not sure about the kernel compilation issue or integration into Darwin or
FreeBSD but why have to decide before trying it out first...

Get a friend or find a source of the latest Darwin package and install
that...Can it go on a different Partition? If so then you could (in theory)
boot into Darwin and see if that kernel worked with your firewire? Then make
the hard choice...

Richard