[P1] Cable Modem connection with optimum online

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Dec 11 15:33:43 PST 2002

> Is this right?
> I simply connected my CM to my Airport base station with an ethernet
> cable and turned both on. The basestation *is* the hub surely?

I probably should have been more specific; I have the original
(Graphite) AirPort Base Station. The "Designing AirPort Networks"
documentation specified that an Ethernet Hub would be necessary to
connect to a Cable or DSL modem. (And in fact, I had forgotten about
this, and when I tried just connecting the two directly, it wasn't
working.) This is no longer be the case with the newer model.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net