[P1] [OT] Best way to fly...

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Wed Dec 11 20:02:48 PST 2002

Fear of Flying....
I believe in a proactive approach I guess. Borrow a GPS, have a good set of
maps and hope for good weather to enjoy the view!
Load up iTunes and sit back and relax with a trash novel.
Bring a date and escape to the back of the plane.
Bring some involved work and finish the task.
Being an old helo pilot, I always have my escape planned. Look at the
emergency card, scope out the closest few exits and keep your shoes on for a
speedy exit should the need arise.
When you check in, let them know you are able bodied and ask for an
emergency exit row seat. They always have an extra inch or two of leg room.
Study up on aerodynamics, jet propulsion and aircraft navigation and be
amazed that Newton's laws still work.
Remind yourself that your highly paid & well trained pilots don't have a
death wish, and will get you safely to your destination.
Read the book "Who Moved My Cheese" while flying, it only takes an hour and
has the simple kind of life lessons we all need to be reminded of once in
awhile.
Bring some of those hand exercisers, not a squishy ball, the one's with
metal springs. Count how many reps you can get in before you land.
Be careful to not over medicate/drink! If you are too drugged up they won't
let you on board. You'll pay for it on the other end and be a hazard to
others in an emergency.
Finally - remember there's a reason they don't pay me to be a shrink!
Enjoy your flight
Dan