[P1] non-Apple non-broadband wireless access points

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Thu Dec 12 08:41:36 PST 2002

On 12/12/02 10:41 AM, "Robert A. Virzi" <bob.virzi at verizon.com> wrote:

> Does such a beast exist?  Specifically, I am wondering if anything
> besides the airport offers an internal 56k modem.  LinkSys and 2Wire
> (the ones I have seen) assume a DSL or cable connection, no dial up.
> That won't work for my mom.  Suggestions?

I think I remember reading about one of Buffalo Technology's products that
included a modem (like the ABS), but I don't know if it's still available.
Many other WiFi base stations (like my SMC Barricade) have a 9 pin serial
port where you can attach an external modem, and the configuration software
includes modem support.

Also, many of those products are configured via web browser, so it doesn't
matter which OS you run.
--
Mark O'Brien
AIM: rmarkob