[P1] iBook Slow on 10.2.2 (Continued)

Qinet brianlim at qinet.net
Thu Dec 12 22:11:28 PST 2002

on 12/13/02 1:05 PM, Larry Blodgett at lblodgett at macosx.com wrote:

> I have installed 10.2.2 from scratch on a seperate partition on my
> iBook 12" 500MHz 320 MegRam.  The install and the intenet update
> tooks hours and hours to perform.  The machine is crawling and top
> says the cpu is like 85-95 % busy.
>
> The hardware CD check continues to show everything passed.
>
> When I boot into 9.2.2 everything is fine, nice and fast.
>
> I have reset pram, I erased the partition before I reinstalled.  The
> thing runs so slow in 10.2.2 it is hard to do any testing or
> anything.  I guess I will pull the memory and see if the thing will
> even boot.
>
> This has me totally stumped, how could 9.2.2 run like a charm and
> 10.2.2 be so slow?
>
> If you have any ideas let me know.

Hey Larry,

You might be looking at a Motherboard replacement. Check if any of your
ports are defective or malfunctioning. If you're firewire port is dead then
its a Mobo issue. No amount of software hardware check can you discover
this. However, if you can get your hands on MacTest Pro CD for G3, then it
might detect Mobo issue.

--
Kind regards,
Brian