'Connect to Server'

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Dec 13 00:09:38 PST 2002

>  I'm still having problems with connecting to my dell PC.

Well duh.

>   I've tried the
> suggestions offered by Patrick Fisher, but still no luck.  I called
> Apple
> last night and was told it was a Windows issue, which I assumed anyway.
> They said it was a NetBios authentication problem and that I had to
> change
> my NetBios settings.  Is anyone here familiar with NetBios and where
> it can
> be found in WinXP?  I am still able to connect my iBook to my Win2k
> network
> at work, and the problem only started after I reinstalled XP on my
> Dell, so
> it's clear that it is a Windows issue.  The ibook sees the network and
> PC
> names, but gives me and error -5023 when I try to logon.  Any
> suggestions?

Here's mine: dump that pathetic POS and get a Mac and never have to
think about this stupid crap again.

I love hearing about how much more complex Win machines are, even for
the simplest of tasks, so here's an alternate pair of suggestions you
might find more practical:

1. You might try a site called macwindows.com which probably has the
info you need on decoding what error -5023 is and what if anything you
can do about that.

2. Take Windows problems to a Windows list.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**