[P1] iBook Slow on 10.2.2 (Continued)

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Fri Dec 13 09:25:36 PST 2002

> I have installed 10.2.2 from scratch on a seperate partition on my
> iBook 12" 500MHz 320 MegRam.  The install and the intenet update
> tooks hours and hours to perform.  The machine is crawling and top
> says the cpu is like 85-95 % busy.
>
> The hardware CD check continues to show everything passed.
>
> When I boot into 9.2.2 everything is fine, nice and fast.

Randy Singer has a tutorial on common OS X problems.   He'd probably
recommend that you run the Fix Permissions app that's on the Jaguar CD.
   You boot from the CD, Fix Permissions and the speed increase will
blow your hair back !    Until you run through the common causes
there's no reason to look for hardware problems.

Jkirk

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.