[P1] iBook Slow on 10.2.2 (Continued)

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 13 16:18:38 PST 2002

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 12:04  AM, Larry Blodgett wrote:

> I have installed 10.2.2 from scratch on a seperate partition on my
> iBook 12" 500MHz 320 MegRam.  The install and the intenet update tooks
> hours and hours to perform.  The machine is crawling and top says the
> cpu is like 85-95 % busy.

> This has me totally stumped, how could 9.2.2 run like a charm and
> 10.2.2 be so slow?

How large a partition did you install X on and how much free space do
you have?

Is the partition number important for an install, I recall reading
where it should be installed on the first partition but I am not sure
that is required.

---
How about a switcher ad for adding software, installing a printer or
any other action which requires a password...that you don't remember...
  :)
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com