[P1] Freeing drive space on iBook

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Dec 14 12:06:34 PST 2002

Am 14/12/02 17:42 schrieb "lvt at mac.com" unter <lvt at mac.com>:

> In sustained use mine gets warm (not hot), but I haven't had any problems with
>it - the xtrememac case seems to dissipate heat well. It also doesn't like
>sitting in the cold car in the winter.

as well as:

>There is also ipodhacks.com,I use an old fm transmitter to pump
>the ipod sound through an unused station.  BUT - it is worth it not having to
>listen
>to commercials and songs I don't like.  Ps - imho - dump Norton and get Disk
>Warrior!  I bought it when it first
>came out - arrived on a floppy disk and it has saved more mac problems than
>I can count.

Thanks for all the info Linda, I bought the Pod today and am currently
charging it...followed your tip about the non-synch...thanks.

Good to hear that the heat problem is not a certainty. In the UK it doesn't
get cold so I shouldn't have too many problems here but good to know for
travelling abroad.

Bookmarked the other site as well. I can imagine the dog kennel rocks! I
like to surprise my customers when we're travelling with some German or
French world music...that makes heads turn...not your average BBC2...

Norton is okay now, (after a bunch of updates!) but I'll be sure to check
out DW at the next opportunity...

P.S. Do you have version 1.2.1 on your iBook (in iTunes?) or does it need to
be transferred to the Pod somehow? Did this help with the battery problems?

Thanks again,

Richard