OT: Where do I find newsgroups?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Dec 14 21:55:28 PST 2002

> From: Jay Boshara <jboshara at mchsi.com>
>
> Sorry this is so off topic.  I use Entourage to read newsgroups, but
> the
> only news server listed in Entourage is the Microsoft News Server.
> How do I
> find the addresses of other news servers, then how do I get Entourage
> list them?

I can't be of much help with this, but generally speaking your ISP will
be able to tell you what address to plug in to access their offerings
of Usenet groups.

I might suggest to you that you'd be better off using a real newsreader
program, such as MT-Newswatcher or Thoth or MacSoup or Hogwasher (and
there are plenty of others as well). Entourage is a reasonably good
email program, but a pretty bad newsreader.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**