[P1] OS and Blueberry ibook

paulatx1 at aol.com paulatx1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 15 06:15:48 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/15/2002 12:50:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, dkeenan2 at nycap.rr.com writes:

>  Did they  [www.WegenerMedia.com]   send you the
> shipping box to mail the Blueberry out? Did you already
> have an OS X
> license or was that part of there service?
> What do you use thr Blueberry for? MP3s?
     I took my computer (already packed/boxed) to an Office Max store which has Airborne Express services and paid them to ship it.  But next time I think I'll just let them send Airborne Express to my house and pick it up.
      I bought the OSX software seperately  and upgraded it myself  after I got the iBook back home.  I also did the firmware upgrade from the Apple website.  (a friend of mine did not do the firmware upgrade on an iMac  and had much trouble  so I learned from her misfortune)
        No I don't do anything with MP3s.  I guess I should, it just never came up before.  I like music  I just don't have time to listen to much.  The Blueberry iBook was my first portable computer (I bought my first Mac back in the late 1980s.)   I actually bought her on impulse one day while walking through a Sears store.    I bought a Titanium  this summer  and truly enjoy it (especially the large screen - made for graphic design!)  But  I'm not letting go of my iBook.  She's tough.  She travels quite well.  Her screen may be smaller,  and she is slower than the Ti...but she is still one heck of a computer running Jaguar.  I use her for travel (sometimes just to the library or work) mostly for websurfing and  notetaking at meetings.
             Paula