[P1] Freeing drive space on iBook

lvt at mac.com lvt at mac.com
Sun Dec 15 14:05:51 PST 2002

>> Do you have version 1.2.1 on your iBook (in iTunes?) or does it need to
>> be transferred to the Pod somehow? Did this help with the battery
>> problems?
>
> Richard, just download the iPod update and next time you plug it in and
> open iTunes it will ask if you want to update the iPod. It claims to
> make the battery-charge indicator accurate, haven't had the update long
> enough to test this yet.

I'm using 1.2.1 - although I do not find that it has solved all of the
battery problems, it is better than 1.2.  I still sometimes get 0 blocks
indication, turn it off and get 4 blocks full charge.  The clock associated
with 1.2.1 does eat power.  If I do not use my iPod for several days it may
go down a block or two in charge.  If you have no use for contacts,
calendar, clock you may want to leave the iPod at 1.1.  In any case, to help
save power turn alarms and equalizer off. It seems that the charge is more
complete when done off a 'puters firewire rather than an outlet, but I have
really never put it to a scientific test.

> Don't forget that, with iSynch you can synch your calendar and address
> book onto your iPod.
> Andrew

If there were some way, either text or voice, to enter info in the pod I
could almost get rid of my handspring. Syncing the pod is much easier than
syncing a palm.  I use Quesync to sync entourage and palm (don't trust the
conduit from microsoft), but hope to move to Mail soon and leave Entourage
behind.