[P1] OS and Blueberry ibook

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Sun Dec 15 15:07:41 PST 2002

----- On 12/15/02 2:10 PM MDT (-0600), paulatx1 at aol.com
<paulatx1 at aol.com> wrote, in part:

>> You don't find the 800 x 600 resolution to be limiting?
>>
>Maybe I don't truly understand what you mean by "limiting".  I can still
>create and modify my Pagemaker documents.  The lower resolution doesn't
>really bother me as much as the smaller screen size.

Well, they're really the same (in terms of the effect). The Ti does have
a larger screen, but also a higher resolution (pixels per inch), so more
shows on the screen. The iBook is limited to the 800 x 600 resolution,
which makes things bigger (good for these old eyes, but limits how much
fits on the screen).

I've tried the higher resolution on my old iMac (15" screen) but things
are too small for me to read easily.

>  I really love the
>real estate of the Ti.  The bigger the screen I use, the more windows I
>have open at once. [ I use a 21 inch monitor with my desktop G3.]    I
>have even used the iBook  to run VPC   to run ACDSee to edit photographs
>(the Win version of ACDSee is a much more versatile photo editor  than the
>Mac version.)   Maybe the lower resolution doesn't  bother me so much
>because I'm terribly nearsighted - maybe I'd miss the higher resolution
>more if I could see better.
>   One thing I do find very freeing about the iBook  is  it's sturdiness.
>Been dropped, sat on, drown with a soft drink...and it's still running.
>[The first time I dropped the Ti  I thought I was going to have a
>heartattack.] I can travel with the iBook and I just don't worry that she
>is going to be stolen.
>      Paula

Thanks for the report/feedback, Paula.

Best Regards,

Harry Corsover

Harry D. Corsover, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist
Linda G. Azzi, R.N., B.S.
Corsover & Azzi, Consultants in Personal Growth and Effectiveness
28427 Clover Ln, Evergreen, CO 80439   Phone:(303) 674-8448
<harry at corsazzi.com>                           Fax:  (303) 674-9894