[P1] printer driver install sys 9

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 16:12:13 PST 2002

>> Yes, I did that in Chooser and no it does not show up. Although I DID
>> go
>> through the install process while in sys 9.... as I was told. And it
>> DID
>> say it was installed????? *sigh* I am really tired of all the hassles
>> with this sys9/10 stuff. Especially all the different "not the right
>> privleges" messages I keep getting when trying to throw away things or
>> move things or install.... It's a bitch.

Agreed. I had a lot of problems with my Jaguar install and I only
resolved them when I learned how to convert my upgrade disk to a full
install disk.

The most important thing to learn and remember is that password. Write
it on a mailing label and stick it to your iBook...  :)

Priviliges are fixable if they have been corupted using Jaguar's Disk
Utility. Click on the button to Repair Privileges.

Specific privileges for a file or app can be fixed with the Get Info
dialog in the finder.

Create a new user and Call it Test. Use the password test,
capitilization is important with thest passwords. Sometimes having the
caps lock key down will void your password attempts.

If your Mac works OK within this new user account, you might benefit
from erasing your drive, after backing up your data files, and
reinstall. Don't forget to write down the password you use...

---
My Presidential Campaign Begins: My first proposal is that a personal
computer remains just that, personal, and that no company or person has
any right to place, without informed permission, any software on that
which would infringe on its security or privacy.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com
iCal:  coming soon