[P1] to iBook or not to iBook

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 17 21:09:52 PST 2002

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 11:07  PM, Chris Volpe wrote:

> I never would have even brought the Ti to NY for fear or theft, and
> certainly would have had a coronary if I'd dropped it even off the bed
> onto a carpeted floor. These iBooks are relatively rugged, fully
> capable machines, and since i take my laptop everywhere I go,
> literally, I need that.

I wonder why people think the TiBook is less rugged that then ibook.

Is there any reason to think that a hd becomes super fragile inside a
titanium case?

Or that a CD drive is less fragile?

Or that memory sticks crumble like crumb cake?

Granted that the icebook's plastic lid is thick and doesn't create
moire patterns if you push on it like the tiBook will.

I think people equate the beauty of the tiBook with fragility and are
more afraid of scratching that beautiful case than they are of
scratching that old plastic case on the ibook.

I, of course, shared those feelings about the tiBook being more
delicate but now that I own one and have owned an icebook, I am really
not that convinced even though I do carry it in a Pelican 1490 case.

---
The US Army is destroying 31,500 tons of nerve agents and highly toxic
blister agents at a projected cost of $24 Billion Dollars. Someone
suggested they could make money selling it on eBay under the Weapons of
Mass Destruction category.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com