[P1] bookmarks in I. E.

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Dec 18 07:42:15 PST 2002

> Recently my Netscape internet browser stopped working, so I went to
> Explorer. But I can't get it to keep bookmarks in the Favorites. This
> is very frustrating. Is there a trick to this dumb thing? (ahem...
> wonder who the "dumb" thing is... me or the E)

Explorer saves Bookmarks (or "Favorites") in the form of an HTML file;
look for a file called "Favorites.html" and try deleting it. (If you
haven't saved any bookmarks, you won't lose any by doing so.) This
should cause Explorer to regenerate the file, and hopefully, next time
it will work as it should.

By the way, if you have Bookmarks from Netscape you want to use in
Explorer, there are AppleScripts to automate the process of
transferring them from one program to the other. I don't know where
they are just at the moment, but they shouldn't be too hard to locate.

Good luck!
BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net