truth in advertising

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Dec 18 09:59:11 PST 2002

> From: patrick fisher <patrick.m.fisher at wamu.net>
>
> From the look of his audience, he gets a lot of conservative business
> people. They
> are more than likely to use a PC, so I think it would be great for
> Apple to
> advertise on his show.

I don't think Apple should be directly advertising on ANY show that
political in nature. It would be seen as an endorsement of the
editorial tone of the show.

If Rush wants to mention to his audience (as he often does) how great
the Mac is, that's fine and I'm sure the company appreciates his
enthusiasm. But I think it would be a mistake to advertise on his show,
or any other politically-oriented talk show, conservative or otherwise
(oh wait, there AREN'T any left-orientated talk shows in the US -- what
was that about the liberal media again?).

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**