truth in advertising

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Dec 18 15:32:21 PST 2002

> From: patrick fisher <patrick.m.fisher at wamu.net>
>
> Rush is very gung-ho on the Mac. I bet he believes that if Apple
> advertised on his
> show, more people would buy them. I bet it would be good money,
> well-placed.
>
> It's great to have someone totally conservative and rabid talking cool
> about Mac. I
> bet he's gotten many people to switch.

While I personally loathe the man, I've no doubt that he has in fact
gotten people to at least consider the Mac who otherwise wouldn't have.
He commands them as a voodoo priest commands zombies.

However, even if Rush were a raving lunatic left-wing anarchist weirdo
(people whom I also loathe), I wouldn't suggest Apple advertise on his
show. Apple should not advertise on ANY blatantly political show. I was
unhappy with Apple supplying iMacs to the last Democratic Nat'l
Convention (unless they offered to do the same for the Republicans).

Apple does not want to associate itself with ANY political ideology.
Apple's mission is well above such petty nonsense as partisan politics.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**