[P1] truth in advertising

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 18 16:29:28 PST 2002

On 12/18/02 5:43 PM, "Donald Keenan" <dkeenan2 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Charles mentions a campaign with famous writers, which I think would
> work, but only if coupled with film and television celebrities and God
> knows there are a ton of them out there who use and love macs.

Never happen. The world already knows film and television people use Macs.
The trick in advertising is to tell people something they don't already
know.

Besides, there are two other widely recognized problems with celebrity
testimonials. One, research reveals that a lot of people remember the
celebrity more than the name of the product, and two, most people assume the
celebrity just did it for the big bucks. And believe me, the cost of
celebrities lately is very, very big bucks.

Brian