truth in advertising...still OT

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Dec 19 15:25:21 PST 2002

> From: "Bonnie Crisp" <dandbcrisp at hotmail.com>
> That includes those who way
> overreact to a statement meant to lift up someone at their milestone
> birthday party.  I just cringe at all the hyprocrisy in politics in
> general.

I too cringe at the hypocrisy in politics in general, but Lott's
hypocrisy started AFTER he made the controversial remark.

Anyone who thinks it was just "a statement meant to lift up someone at
their milestone birthday party" will have to come up with another
explanation now that it's been revealed that Lott said the exact same
thing on at least two other occasions over the past 20 years (and no,
they weren't Thurmond's 90th and 80th birthday parties!).

But now he's reversed himself? Now he supports affirmative action after
voting against it every chance he's had? Now he supports an MLK
birthday holiday after voting against it? Now he "regrets" voting to
deny blacks the right to vote in 1983?

Yeah, right.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**