[P1] truth in advertising...still OT

Dale Critchley dale at infinityltd.org
Fri Dec 20 10:30:58 PST 2002

on the fateful day of 12/20/02 9:58 AM, in a dazzling display of literary
acumen, Harry D.  Corsover at harry at corsazzi.com altered the course of
history by digitally penning the words:

> That would be the whole story if not for hundreds of years of history.
> So, the white majority gets to first enslave, then discriminate greatly
> against a black minority. Then they/we get to claim that doing something
> to try to balance things out is "discrimination?"
>
> It's not quite so simple, and either answer has both pros and cons. To
> think otherwise is to ignore and deny. Pretty much the same thing can be
> said for the question of Mac vs. PC or iBook vs. TiBook (see, I did bring
> it back on topic . . . <g>).

I am not responsible for the actions of my ancestors any more than current
minorities are owed anything by me for what was done in the past. They are
no longer discriminated against, except getting a whole lot of stuff handed
to them on a silver platter. As a WASP, it was very difficult for me to find
scholarships for college & grad school, but there are so many minority
scholarships out there, it's mind-boggling. I'm not against minority
scholarships, but with all the aid out there to help minorities better
themselves to get them more qualified, I see no reason for lowering the
standards for those select groups. Our nation has apologized profusely for
slavery, and it's time to move on, put skin color behind us, and focus on
the real issues that divide our country, like computer platform. ;^)

--
 |   Bought with a Price,
-+-  Dale