[P1] truth in advertising...still OT

Eric B. Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Sat Dec 21 03:57:06 PST 2002

At 8:18 PM -0500 12/20/02, Jack Rodgers wrote:
>On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 10:58  AM, Harry D. Corsover wrote:
>
>>So, the white majority gets to first enslave, then discriminate greatly
>>against a black minority.
>
>The slave masters where not just 'white'. Christians and Jews and a
>small number of africans also owned slaves in the US.
>
>Around the world the list of slave owners most likely included every
>nation and every ethnic group and every religion.
>
>There were 'Indian', African and 'white' slaves in the US.
>
>Slavery was an economic institution and may even be used still in
>China to help produce those high quality low cost goods we enjoy.

I snipped a lot of this for brevity but the whole post had good
insight. Dale's addendum was good too.

Don't disparage 'wage slavery' tho because ultimately, most people
will make contracts to utilize their skill and labor for people that
own businesses and need them. Keeping the bargaining fair and
equitable between the two negotiating parties, that is the key.