[P1] truth in advertising...still OT

Eric B. Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Sat Dec 21 15:39:16 PST 2002

At 9:49 AM -0500 12/21/02, Jack Rodgers wrote:
>On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 06:57  AM, Eric B. Richardson wrote:
>
>>Don't disparage 'wage slavery' tho because ultimately, most people
>>will make contracts to utilize their skill and labor for people
>>that own businesses and need them. Keeping the bargaining fair and
>>equitable between the two negotiating parties, that is the key.
>
>I hear that many MacDonald's counter workings are seeking
>agents/lawyers to negotiate their individual working contract with
>an eye to achieving $10-$20 Million Dollar salaries like the
>professional ball players.
>
>Does anyone know when the job of CEO changed from a fixed salary
>being offered to one where they demanded and got more money than the
>wealth of some nations?

Don't disparage the free trade of contract labor. Most people on this
list probably still make their living off it, and probably most are
relatively well off for it. Just because there are abuses, those are
not the defining quality.

Most people that work at McDonald's are not trying to support a
family of four and those that are and are serious about it, will work
themselves to positions of management in relatively short order (that
was a pun).