multimedia projector and clamshell iBook

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Dec 23 18:10:52 PST 2002

> Thanks, I will have to look into it. Does anyone know about the iMacs
> all-in-one computers? I believe there is one available at the location
> where
> I am giving my presentation. I know they have 2 usb ports and of course
> Ethernet. I would think those computers would have the capability to
> use
> projectors. At least I hope so. And I don't need pristine quality. Just
> basic image resolution.

You're probably *in* luck on this one (to reiterate, despite what
others have told you on this list, there is NO WAY repeat NO WAY to
output video from a clamshell iBook).

If it is a recent iMac model (a slot-loading machine of 400MHz or
higher), it will have a standard "monitor port" (aka a DB-15 VGA port)
on the back underside of the machine underneath a little hatch. There
are actually two hatches under there -- one is openable with a coin but
you want the other one).

Any projector or monitor (PC monitors even!) cord can use this monitor
port, and it will exactly mirror what is on your screen. The quality
will be fine, though you MAY (depending on the projector) have to
adjust the resolution of the monitor to get the projector to see it
(probably not, but there are some pretty old projectors out there so I
want to cover all bases).

Apple's KnowledgeBase article number 58467 has detailed directions.
Gotta love Sherlock 3!

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**