[P1] no modem soundi

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 25 15:58:37 PST 2002

On Wednesday, December 25, 2002, at 11:44  AM, kms wrote:

> Afer installing Jaguar my modem sounds disappeared.  I have checked to
> make sure the sound is selected in the network pane.  It is, so I
> deselected it and then reselected it.  No change.  I ran Disk Warrior
> too.  I  have the latest OS update too.  I am wondering if anyone else
> lost their modem sound.  I have an 600 iBook with 640 mgs of ram.
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get the sound back?

Do you hear any other sounds like beeps and bloops?

The modem sound is toggled in the System Preferences/Network/Modem
after you select Show: Internal Modem. There are one and off radio
buttons for sound.

The Systems PReference/Sound Output Volume controls some sounds and has
a mute checkbox. That might be checked?

---
In order to truly be a President of the people, anyone can add a plank
to our platform if they include a donation. $5 minimum, no maximum.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com
iCal:  coming soon