[P1] no modem soundi

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Thu Dec 26 15:28:26 PST 2002

On Wednesday, December 25, 2002, at 03:49  PM, lvt at mac.com wrote:

> No - just the opposite, had no modem sound (but dialing was fine) until
> after I installed Jaguar!
>
> Linda
> SE Michigan

I can second that !   I also had no modem sound...until the latest
update.  I'd hear the modem dailup but it would go silent.   This was
annoying because I couldn't tell if it was dialing or not.

After the 10.2.3 update the modem sounds stopped going mute and I
discovered that although I'd missed it before, now I find it
distracting.  So I shut it off.  Silence again.  Go Figure.

By the way, if you use dialup and haven't tried it yet, go get
NetMonitor.

Jkirk

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.