Scratch on TiBook back

Stephen Chakwin schak at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 23 11:12:18 PST 2002

I had my tiBook in my backpack with a redweld and it looks as if the brass
eyehole protectors on the redweld scratched the cover of the computer.  It's
not a horrible scratch -- it's about a two inches long, a kind of Harry
Potter lightning mark above and to the left of the Apple cutout on the
Cover (about a 10 o'clock position).  So much for the strength of titanium
(at least versus brass).  No functional problem with the computer but if
there's a way to fix it, I'd like to.  I also don't know if there's any
potential problem if I leave the scratch alone -- maybe at the very least, I
should clear-lacquer it?

I posted an inquiry on the TiBook list but the only response I got was a
warning not to use TiPaint [whatever that might be].  The warning said the
paint was no good and would void my warranty.  I also checked the Apple
website and found nothing on the subject.  Anyone have any experience with
this and/or any suggestions? [other than being more careful or considering
an iBook next time?]

TIA

Stephen