Jaguar on a rev a clamshell

Robert R. Daniel rrdaniel2 at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 17:32:30 PST 2002

There is no real reason it would not work except perhaps
the following:  a full Jaguar installation occupies about
3 GB of hard disk space.  Even on a 6 GB hard drive, that's
more than 50% of the drive.  I am not even sure it will
install at all on a 3 GB hard drive.

I had installed OS X 10.1.3 on a Blueberry clamshell with
a 6 GB drive and it worked OK.  But in the end, I preferred
to have more storage available for applications and data.
So I deleted OS X and reverted to OS 9.2.2

Other folks might choose to do otherwise, but I suspect the
benefit/disadvantage ratio is not generally favorable for a
rev. A clamshell with a relatively small hard drive.  Add a
20 GB or larger drive and I'm sure with would work extremely
well.

Hope this helps.

Robert