[P1] sound, ouch!

Michael Flournoy meflournoy at attbi.com
Sun Apr 6 20:35:17 PDT 2003

Coaster is a freeware OS9 application designed expressly for importing
albums and tapes to your Macintosh. It makes a cumbersome job a lot
easier. Under OSX I use AudioX. It doesn't have as many features as
Coaster but it gets the job done. The problem is that you have to
record each song as a separate file which means a lot of stopping and
starting and naming files which can get very tedious. Coaster and
AudioX help a lot and both are cheap ( or free! ).
I have never done tapes but with albums you cannot go straight from the
turntable with any quality, you have to run it through a pre-amp (
normally a receiver with an aux jack or tape output will work ). Your
input will be an AIFF file ( or .mov with AudioX ) and really huge but
iTunes will convert it to MP3 for you.
Have fun,
             Mike