iMovie 3 ate my homework !

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Mon Apr 7 13:08:23 PDT 2003

Hello folks ... It happens on my iBook .. So it is not totally OT :)

I "found" an old movie project I had forgotten about and decided to finish
it .. And why not use all the cool new extras in iMovie 3 ?

So, I was happy that it opened nicely in IM3 .. And I spent 3 hours of my
life completing this project ... First run in IM3 showed that it is all
nicely timed to speech and music .... But now the real trouble: exporting
!!!

I tried 2wice to create "mpg for VCD" ... And quite some of the sound is
lost (like the music of the first half just stops after 10 secs .. Later
half there is music, but not the clip audio ... )

I tried to create a small .mov  .. Here all the audio is there .. But it
seems stacked all on top of each other .. All out of sync, as if all
audioclips start at the beginning of the film ..

I thought about exporting to tape and then re-import .. I just fear it may
have similar problems.

I tried to delete and re-import the first music clip ... That makes IM3
crash

I tried that funky "iDVD" button ... But that makes it crash too (maybe coz
my iBook has no superdrive :)

Any ideas besides "do it all over again in IM3" ???

Thanks