[P1] clicking sound on iBook

Dave Meilstrup dave at blackrockmac.com
Wed Apr 16 09:03:45 PDT 2003

I am having same thing begin to happen since I installed 10.2.5: After
installing 10.2.5 an irregular clicking sound began to happen every .5
second or so when on battery (power disconnected). The sound goes away
immediately when power is connected. It returns a few seconds after
power is disconnected. It seems to be a disk access but the sound is
different than normal disk accesses  (more like a pop than a click :-).

I do not have MS Office or XSounds on my machine. The problem does go
away in safe boot mode. It would be safe to say that this is a conflict
between 10.2.5 and some process that does not run under safe boot.
Without a Conflict Catcher type utility for OS X, this will not be easy
to isolate.

Dave