[P1] clicking sound on iBook

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 16 09:55:19 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 12:03  PM, Dave Meilstrup wrote:

> I am having same thing begin to happen since I installed 10.2.5: After
> installing 10.2.5 an irregular clicking sound began to happen every .5
> second or so when on battery (power disconnected). The sound goes away
> immediately when power is connected. It returns a few seconds after
> power is disconnected. It seems to be a disk access but the sound is
> different than normal disk accesses  (more like a pop than a click > :-).

Turn off your speakers. If the clicking persists it is not part of the
sound making system.

If it stops, then create a new user account and log into that. Turn the
sound back on. This will give you a fresh set of preferences. If the
clicking stops, then a preference is the cause.

Since the problem goes away in safe boot mode, it is probably an
extension that is causing the click.
Open System Profiler and click on the Extensions tab and see what you
can surmise.
---

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com