[P1] Airport and iBook

Kenny Feder harpofeder at attbi.com
Wed Apr 16 10:23:55 PDT 2003

On 4/16/03 12:50 PM, "Jack Rodgers" <jackrodgers at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Sounds like your answers tend to eliminate most things other than a
> problem with the wiring. There is also the possibility of a loose
> connection on the card, push it in, or that the card is failing.
>
> Of course you have done all of the latest updates to the airport and
> the airport software?
>
> ---
>
> jackrodgers at earthlink.net
> http://www.jackrodgers.com

Jack:

Yup, I'm up-to-date on all the software. In my initial post I mentioned that
I also have the use of a clamshell (get's perfect reception in places in my
house where now the ice book gets nothing). I pulled the airport card out of
it and put it in the ice book. The ice book's airport performance was
exactly the same: if I'm within 10 feet of the base station, I get maximum
signal. After that, it rapidly degrades and where I used to get at least two
and usually three bars, nada.

Back to Apple.  Thanks,

Ken