clicking problem on iBook RESOLVED

Ron Reames rreames at cableone.net
Wed Apr 16 03:50:25 PDT 2003

Apple helped me track down the clicking sound, It was Unsanity's haxie
Xsounds.

Just so others might learn from my experience, here's some steps to
follow:
1. login as another user. If the problem is gone, you've got a bad
prefs. Problem still there, go to 2.
2. boot into Safe Mode (hold the shift key down when booting). Problem,
gone? Some higher level source code OR 3rd party haxie is the problem.

In my case, the haxie was Xsounds. I confirmed this by first removing
the Xsounds folder from the folder Applications Enhancers. The clicking
stopped.  Moved Xsounds back, the clicking returned.

Ron