Two icons for PDF files

Alain RAZAKARIVONY razakar2 at etu.unige.ch
Thu Apr 17 12:09:13 PDT 2003

Hi !

I start my ibook on os 9.2.2 and something surprised me .

1) I have two Pdf files in one directory : the first one has Acrobat
icon, and the second one has blank icon !!

It's only when I open it that it change onto acrobat icon.

I have tried to re-install acrobat : I downloaded the file, expanded it
with stuffIt, but the installer does not start. (even if i open it with
Vise Installer).

I have checked in other's mac os 9.2.2 as well :  they have the same
thing : two icons for  .gif  (one quictime icon, one blank), two icons
for words files.

2 ) How to associate files to one software : for example how do I
specify that .gif files should be opened using Claris instead of
Quicktime , in os 9.2.2.

Thanks !!

Alain