[P1] Changes in Airport settings

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 18 19:14:38 PDT 2003

On 4/17/03 6:27 PM, "Pat D. Stephens" <patdart at cox-internet.com> wrote:

> Hey y'all...can anyone help me figure this one out?  I went away and
> changed my IP/TP to two different settings.  I first used Earthlink and
> then used my Airport to hook into a hot spot and now I'm home and can't
> get it to connect to the Home setting....I did make a setting for the
> Hot Spot that is it's own setting.  What is wrong and what steps do I
> need to do to teach it to find it's own home base?  I am using 9.1 on
> that machine.

This has happened to me often when I've been off on a trip, reconfigured
several times for different dialup, Ethernet and other wireless connections,
then got back to my office and couldn't connect using my regular setup (Snow
ABS and DSL router). The way I've solved the problem is to run the Airport
Admin utility and/or the the Airport Setup Assistant (both found in the
Applications: Utilities folder in OSX.) Of course if you're still in 9, this
may not work.

Brian