[P1] iBook won't wake

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Sat Apr 19 15:17:28 PDT 2003

On Saturday, Apr 19, 2003, at 17:10 US/Central, Stephen Foster wrote:

> Our son put our dual 600MHz iBook to sleep but when he went to use it
> nothing happened. The number and cap lock buttons light up when
> pressed but that's the only sign of life. Tried re-setting the power
> manager but no joy, probably because the machine's not really "off". I
> know I've read about wake-up problems before but I don't seem to have
> saved any of the posts/solutions. Thanks for any help.

That happened to my 500 iceBook once when I was running an early version
of OS X (maybe 10.0.3?).  I never got it to wake up.  I finally
unplugged
it and removed the battery, then put it back and rebooted.  Before you
do something that drastic, make sure the display isn't just turned off.
Press the little happy sun button a few times and see if you can
suddenly
see things.  A long shot, but simple to try.

Good luck.

	Mike