I get error code -3170...

Gabriel Aharon Diamond angelcore at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 21 13:11:10 PDT 2003

Allwhen and Everywhere:

Hello List,

    My friend's iBook /snow/500mhz
    I think I have an Open Transport OR modem port problem that I need help
with. When I attempt to send mail. I get error code -3170. Apple tech lib
says that it is an Open transport prob. I reinstalled OT. Same error. Has
anyone had/got experience with this issue. Apple Hardware Diagnostic says
that the modem is present. Could it be the modem PORT? Would OT be the app
to reflect that? Are there any other theories out there. The machine has had
OS X loaded and removed. It is currently running 9.1.......

TIA,

Perplexed in Hawaii,
 --

Gabriel Aharon Diamond