iBook doesn't sleep properly

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Wed Apr 23 02:54:06 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 03:01  AM, iBook List wrote:

> After it drains the battery and shuts down I also lose the correct
> time&date (it
> goes to January 1970).

10.2.5 is supposed to fix this problem, however, it you don't plan to
upgrade just yet, try going to the date and time panel, correct both
and click on the network time tab and then click use a network time
server. what happens is that action locks your time so it can't be
changed unless you manual;u deselect the net time server.

I didn't have the battery problem with my ibook but I did have the time
problem with my G4 when I upgraded to 10.2.4 and this fixed it. If the
problems are related, it may fix both.

When you close the ibook, check carefully to see if the latch is
actually engaging the lock and then check to see if there is any warp
along the top edge that may be letting the lid stay open too much and
then any bumps might cause the HD to spin up and waste the battery. The
heat you feel is definitely a sign that the ibook in not sleeping.