SPSS 11

Mark Chapman mchapman at chass.utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 29 19:28:07 PDT 2003

With anticipation I installed SPSS 11.0 on my iBook (500 Mhz, first
generation icebook). This is the first version of SPSS that runs
native on OS X.

Unfortunately, it is almost unusable for two reasons:

1. Data entry is painfully slow. With very little effort I can type
faster than it can handle. This would not be so bad except if you
type something and press the tab key it takes an abnormally long time
to register and thus sometimes misses what you have typed altogether.

2. In Data View when I press the num lock key it chooses to treat the
number pad as directional arrows rather than numbers. This makes it
unusable for data entry on my iBook.

Has anybody had similar experiences? If so do you know how to fix them?

Thanks
--
  Mark Chapman - Centre for the Study of Religion - University of Toronto