iPod update questions

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 21:40:52 PDT 2003

> From: Bill Lockhart <blockhart1 at comcast.net>
>
> I ran the 1.3 update on my original 5 gig iPod noticed a few things.
>
> I don't have Solitaire, Brick or Parachute!
> I also don't have the alarm clock.
> Although I can live without these little additions, it would be nice to
> have them?
>
> will these only work on the new iPods?

It is my *understanding* (meaning this is what I've been told; could be
completely wrong) that a future iPod update will bring parity. As I
understand it, new iPods are running version 2.0 of the firmware; the
older iPods are only at v1.3 at present, which was probably done SOLELY
to provide AAC compatibility. So a future update should bring parity.
Or not. :)

_Chas_

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows is like saying that all other restaurants are inferior to
McDonald's.