[P1] Mozilla browsers

Ruffin Bailey rufbo1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 1 05:11:57 PDT 2003

> Camino is a nice browser to have lying round: it is more OS X like than
> stock Mozilla. It also starts up faster. I haven't tried Firebird, but I
> believe that it's essentially the windows version made to run on OS X.
> So it has XP style icons etc, and the interface isn't terribly mac-like.

Just to split hairs, that's probably not a completely fair characterization.  It's probably just as accurate to asy that Firebird is essentially the Linux version made to run on OS X.

Firebird has a number of themes that you can grab (http://www.texturizer.net/firebird/themes.html) if the new default look isn't what you like.  At work where I do VB6 programming, I've got Firebird on my Windows box with a metal theme that does it's dangest to trick me into thinking I'm using Safari.  Not completely successful, of course, but non XP-like themes are certainly available!

Glad to hear that Thunderbird is a good option.  I'm still sticking with Mail.app for the time being (that and my own app -- this -- for digest lists), but I do enjoy Thunderbird on XP.

Ruffin Bailey

--
This message sent by an unregistered version of The Digest Handler.
If you read email digests, you NEED The Digest Handler!